View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Ultimatebet Rakeback Calculation Help

[ QUOTE ]
I have a ub account for more than 2 years and have no RB. I play now b/c of the cash for points promotion. I can create another ub account with rakeback in a site like raketherake.com right?

I have another question about the rake. This week I accumulated 1000 ultimatepoints, which meant I made 100 in bonus dollars, i also get 50 dollars for the cash for points promo which adds to 150 dollars for the week.

I play 50NL Full ring. Assuming my rb percentage is 30 percent and since they deduct 25 percent from the bonus, how much would i make in total assuming I accumulate 1000 ultimatepoints for the week like the situation i described at the beginning?

I used those rakeback calculators and saw that since I 4 table 50NL Full ring tables for 3 hrs per day, my 30 percent rakeback would be 14 dollars daily.

Since i play 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50UB, I make around 4 dollars/hr in bonus according to bonuswhores.com X 3 hours = 12 dollars. 12 dollars -25 percent of the 12 dollar bonus (3 dollars)= 9 dollars. Thus I would have made 14 dollars from rakeback and 9 dollars from UB bonus =23 dollars instead of just 12 dollars for the 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50NL Full ring for 3 hours if i had Rakeback? Am i correct in this calculation? If yes, does that mean i am losing 11 free dollars everyday b/c I don't have rakeback?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee-zuz...I've read that post like 5 times, and it makes my head want to explode evey time. I think I finally got it, though, and the answer is: No.

First off, if you've got some numbers from your game play, why use BW's numbers? I find they're typically a little high, but on UB they're low...probably because the software plays so quickly.

Calculating deductions from an hourly rate can be a bit confusing, but what you've done is deducted your 25% directly from the RB, rather than from the MGR. Because the 25% comes off your MGR, and then your 30% RB is calculated from that, you only lose 25% * 30% of your bonus = 7.5%. Using the bonus and RB figures you've given, that means you're missing out on $14-$0.90=$13.10. I couldn't tell you how accurate those bonus or RB figures are...I play limit.

Hope that helped!