View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Flee at last

Everytime I get on a plane I have premonitions (imaginations) of it crashing on take-off, but not in a way that makes me scared of flying, more in a perversly excited way that crashing in a plane is an experience not many people have had. I only get slightly nervous once I look out the window and feel like I am at a height that would cause maiming if it dropped out the air (based on my knowingly non-scientific perception of how height affects crash severity!). Below that height I figure it will be exciting and I will be ok, above that I think it will be an amzingly weird/exciting experience but with a brief dramatic end I have no need to worry too much about. I think I find something moving about being seriously dramtically powerless and having to go along with the ride.

(That seems like something for my psychiatrist? I never wrote that down and read it back before!)

Of course, if I ever walked away from a plane crash I'd have to avoid the urge to claim a premonition, given I think it every time.