View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Food Police Run Out Of Things To Say; Repeat Story From 1992

Although I've just gotten into the field I can tell you there is very little investigative journalism going around these days. Mostly covered by the more esteemed and heavy hitting publications such as the New York Times, or Telegraph etc. Something has to fill the paper, though.

However, that being said, the scientific research was also recently 'redone' so I don't think the blame can be totally placed on the media for running with this one. It's all been said before, it's all be done before. That 'consumer interest group' that did the study gets a lot of their funding from stories like that I'm sure. PS: Fries are fried in oil and are bad for you, and so is drinking too much wine, but not too little, that's bad for your heart. I'm sure there will be plenty of stories about that in the coming years as well.

I already have a few good stories about manipulations or reporters spinning things from my new job at a newspaper...but then again, it's sometimes in the eyes of the reader to really investigate things and gather as many facts as they can. I remain even more skeptical of the news agencies after starting work in journalism.