View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Is This Cheating?

[ QUOTE ]
The glasses scenario is clearly cheating. Down cards are not to be exposed to anyone but the person dealt those cards. That is why they are dealt face down. If these cards are being exposed without the player's knowledge, he should be informed so that the game can resume in the state it was meant to be played. He should not bear an extra disadvantage of having his down cards exposed just because he is an idiot. Preventing your cards from being exposed is not supposed to be one of the skills involved in playing the game.

The artery scenario is clearly not cheating. Nowhere within the rules of the game is it implied that the mannerisms of your opponents are to be masked and hidden, whether or not your opponent willfully exhibits those mannerisms. Preventing people from accurately discerning what you are thinking through the mannerisms you exhibit is supposed to be one of the skills involved in playing the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn,t the artery senario in a way exposing his cards? I do not believe either one is "cheating" I would inform someone that I could see the cards in their glasses, but I would never expect someone to tell me.