View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Why won\'t sites let current players sign-up for rakeback?

I've been emailing Full Tilt about the way they're handling this issue recently, and a lot of you are pointing out the same obvious points that I am. Below are the two emails I've sent thus far:

I'm planning to be playing a lot from spring on through the rest of 2007, and I won't be doing so without the opportunity to cash in on rakeback like many other players receive. Now I know for fact that many of the top online players didn't have rakeback when they began playing on Full Tilt, but surprise! They're receiving rakeback now.

I know it can be done on your end, and I know there are multiple rakeback sites that will take me under their wing given the OK from you guys. I'll be paying over $2000 in rake to an online website each month, that's $24,000 a year. If you guys can't be so generous as to offer me rakeback simply because I had an account prior to knowing this existed, than something is wrong.

I know the top online players don't play at other sites for one reason; the rakeback. Your site is the largest site that offers rakeback, and that's why they are where they are. I also know that various top players didn't HAVE rakeback when they did start playing. But they do now. I know you guys can wave the flag and allow rakeback on any account you so wish.

I'm not asking for a lot of return on my $24,000; just the simple 27% offered to other players. I don't see why this can't be done. Can't wait to hear your response.

They're reply was simply the standard:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are no longer switching existing players to Rakeback accounts. I realize this causes a certain amount of frustration and inconvenience but at this time there is nothing more that can be done.

Once again I apologize.

Best regards,

Lisa

The Affiliate Team at Full Tilt Poker

And my reply was:

Do you have any idea how many accounts are lying around not being played because they aren't allowed to have rakeback? That means the money is going to the competition that will offer them such treatment. I think that if I compiled a list of the revenue you're missing out on across the board, just using users from the 2p2 forums and the pocketfives forums, you'd be in for a shock.

Which leads me to my next question; how does one become an affiliate? How does one become the guy who goes out there and gets people to sign up for rakeback accounts, etc.? Why not have a branch of affiliate that goes out there and recruits those dead-accounts to come and play based on the fact they'll get rakeback? It's a savvy business decision that anybody with ANY sense of business and profit at all would be chasing.

The goal of the rakeback account is to lure users in to play, correct? And your thought process at this point is that "well if we have them with real money accounts already, we don't need to offer this lure to an existing user". That's wrong, and selfishly so. There are numerous users out there who AREN'T playing on their existing accounts simply because you folks are being so pigheaded as to not realize this is disgustingly unfair to those left in the cold.

Tell me how you think it would go over if the great majority of your playerbase, the flapping fish in the sea, knew that they're being milked for money that they could be seing a percentage return on? Do you think they'd be rather pleased with that? Unlikely.

But those aren't the people we're worrying about. The people we're worrying about are the ones who are willing to play in extreme volume, generate massive amounts of MGR, and in the long run MAKE you more money than what you would be shelling out to the people I can bring to your footsteps. It just doesn't make sense to turn down so many willing users when I know it happens to certain persons accounts so often.

I think if enough of us got hasty with this, change will occur.