Thread: The Run
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: The Run

[ QUOTE ]
If you "just" mean don't spew, ok, I agree completely, one of the biggest SSNL leaks (including me). I just didn't get the "from hand to hand" part.

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is a LOT about deception, and the best LAG players are the ones who show up with the goods more than people except, and the best tight players are the ones who use their image to make bluffs and steal pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is way-oversimplified. You can't just "show up with the goods more than ppl expect" because, variance aside, you can only have the goods so often and anyone with a non retarded-brain is able to reasonably asses how often that is. The key to good LAG play is inducing over-adjustments, recognizing this and, most importantly, knowing how to maximally exploit them (which often means identifying very thin edges and pushing them as hard as possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say "show up with the goods" I'm talking about in big pots, and it's not oversimplified at all. To be a successful LAG you don't have to run any crazy bluffs or spew off stacks, and if you can avoid doing it as much as possible, it's for the better. The "from hand to hand" part was poorly worded on my end, what I mean is that limiting your losses in general is a sound strategy in particular for a LAG player because you constantly get paid off when you make hands on top off picking up plenty of small/medium pots. It's fine and completely normal as a LAG to lose a ton of small pots like raising preflop and cbetting. Two barrelling is often times +EV and not what I consider spew when it doesn't work, FWIW.

I agree with the rest of what you said