Thread: The Run
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: The Run

"I do remember playing you a decent amount at 2/4 on Party before legislation (I was NEWPPSNKTHX if you remember), and you were pretty spewy although I definitely regarded you as a tough player"

last year i pretty laggy but got paid off enough that i was a marginal winner (somewhere around ~3.5ish). i definitely spewed too much, however. ive worked on really correcting that these past months.

"I think the best advice would be to take a vacation and to get laid alot."

fortunately, other aspects of my life are great. throughout these months ive taken several week breaks. i have an incredibly hot gf that make me very happy, etc.

"are you turning your showdown hands into bluffs???? "
im not sure what this means, tbh.

"
heres what you should do. move down to a level where you can consistently win. if its 25NL then so be it, you wont get better if you have a big ego and refuse to move down. play until you've made 10BI at that level then move up. if you're only marginally beating a level stay there until you've made a solid 4ptbb/100 winrate, then move up. "

i constantly move up and down when i think i am playing good or bad. as for the wr thing, its pointless. nl wr doesnt converge over any small amount of hands.

other things i have done starting about a month ago:
a) watch an entire GP video at the beginning of each day
b) 1 hour mandatory break if 4 BIs are lost
c) form 1 opinion about a thought provoking thread and compare with other winners thoughts

any other suggestions or routines people do to get in a winning frame of mind?

steel, nice graph.