Default Re: The 1984 Obama Ad

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

What makes you think I watch FoxNews? You act like I'm a Republican or something just because I find left-wing hippies annoying. By the way, I didn't mean to imply you were a left-wing hippy or anything wrong with you, but the Daily Kos does have a large portion of its readers that would fit that description.

In any case, I guess I am two weeks behind the fringe blogosphere. I admit defeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

if one must be stuck with them for a period of time
left wing nut jobs > right wing nut jobs

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly. One wants to take my money. The other wants to tell me not to SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kid yourself, they both want to take your money, the left winger is just more honest about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, I remember a tax cut recently... Maybe I imagined it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax cuts are a total sham without budget cuts. Republicans cut taxes in the hopes that it will be the Democrats who get the blame when they inevitably get raised later. The whole issue is a sham issue generated by the Republicans for easy votes. Kinda like most "issues". [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember the repubs trying to trim budget dollars in the Clinton years. Not cutting the budget but growing it at a slower pace. Every dem in the country was running around screaming "draconian cuts" to pay for "tax cuts for the rich" blah blah blah. "Kids will be starving from not getting govt breakfast at school"....all this because the budget grows at 7% instead of 10%. then the govt shut downs happen and the polls say America blames the repubs......Now we are all screwed because both parties spend like crazy.....I SAY BRING ON THE DRACONIAN CUTS...AND THEN CUT SOME MORE.

At least the repubs tried back then....but the dems were successful with thier campaign of lies about the budget.

The funny thing is when they do cut taxes....revenue goes up...investment leads to jobs, which lead to more taxpayers, and so on. We do not live in a static economy where revenues raise along side tax rates. You would think the dems would be for more revenue going to the govt....I'm sure there are a thousand redundant programs they have in mind.