View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Is there a real difference between golf balls?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes there is a pretty big difference for good players. But, for your average weekend hacker there really isn't that much of a difference. Of course this doesn't stop the average hacker from spending $40 for a dozen balls when the $15 a dozen balls would work about the same for their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact for the average hack the cheap balls are BETTER. The expensive balls spin more, which makes it more difficult to hit straight shots, but easier to curve shots and use spin. The good players can do that. The hacker just adds 10 yards of slice to his 35 yard slice drive.

I'm a hack (shoot 95-105 standard, 84 low, unlimited high), and I play about the $20 balls, b/c I hate chipping and pitching the super super cheap balls. But I'm not good enough to take advantage of the really expensive ones. Also, I lose them too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the new top flite D2 ball. They are only a buck a piece and they are softer than ProV1 or HXTour.

I saw a demo ball around Christmas time that was blank except for this: RFIDF07.

Found out later that when top flite was testing the ball they didn't was good players knowing that it was a top flite because of their reputation. It stands for "Rock Flite Is Dead For 07"