View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Sun Poker Promotion takes away 50,000 halfway through.

If anyone hasn't heard about the sunpoker promotion that has been running all the details are listed here. www.onesickpromo.com.

Around 3 months ago I started participating in this promotion with the goal of getting in the top five. At that time the top prize was staying in a mansion and taking a private jet out to vegas. The first place package was worth $50K and the 5th place package was worth $47K. Three months into it they emailed the top players and asked them if they would rather have cash than the mansion and jet. Since I was in 4th they asked me and I said I was open but was interested in the mansion. They later emailed and said that some people wanted money so thats what they decided to do, didn't really give any number of votes or anything. Which is fine, not a big deal if they just want to give equivalent cash. But instead of equivalent they take away 10K from each of the top 5 spots. This is halway through the promotion where all of us have already been going pretty hardcore on this promotion. So now first is worth $40K and 5th is $37K. They emailed me and asked how all of that looked and I told them that the top spots should each get 10K more but nothing really happened.

Once again I'm disappointed in another poker site. Seems like every site out there is yanking players around left and right, getting so tired of it.