View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Live 5/5 game, semi deep.

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, it's 87s and it's 23bb more. I know you're deep, the pot odds aren fairly attractive and that you have the villain on a narrow range, but have you thought about what you're doing on 8-high flops and with flush draws/gutshots/where you miss totally/where you raise and is called?

Having got there raising flop is ok but I like calling better, both looks really strong. I'd bet 1/2 pot on a blank turn and shove any non-K/A river if he calls the turn and checks river.

Also wtf - are you after advice or do you want a medal for making a straight vs AA after calling off 32bb preflop with 87s? I think preflop is really bad, the flop is good (in that calling is better than raising imo). Now you just go nuts having made your hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I'm less concerned with recieving a medal than I am recieving all of BB's chips. This hand is interesting because it's possible to raise each street, but what play yields the best return?

To answer your question, I will likely fold an 8 high flop, unless it's like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6h 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. That's the only type of flop that could possibly get me in a heap of trouble. Maybe 10-15% of the time I'll raise the flop on a bluff regardless of texture.

So what I'm trying to determine is do I raise/shove the turn or smoothcall again?