Thread: Accounting
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Accounting

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

Ive decided to get seriously into investing lately, as I will probably have fairly large sums of money to work with in the next 6mo-1yr, so you guys will probably be seeing a lot more of me around here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have always enjoyed a challenge, as well as learning (about things that interest me anyways), and would like to eventually actively manage my own portfolio (well)

Anyways, from what I have read around here it would seem that you need some accounting background to get started with value investing. I was wondering what the best way to go about learning this would be. I dont really want to take a class, but I would be willing to read thru an accounting txt book (or 2 etc if thats what it takes). Or would you say that some sort of beginner accounting book etc would be all I would need at this point? Any recomendations on specific text books used in a college course that you took or any helpful titles I could get from amazon etc would be awesome. Thanks in advance guys,

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

A good book on Accounting that explain things on a level it looks as if you are looking for is 'How to read a Financial Report' by John Tracy.