View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Live 5/5 game, semi deep.

[ QUOTE ]
because you just called off 23bb with a purely speculative hand against a solid player whose range here should be wider than AA/KK

23bb coldcalls with 87s (granted it's more a 5-10bb mistake) aren't just something you can chalk up to image/position etc, because mistakes in nlhe escalate. Do you just c/f a 7 high flop? Do you just raise if you flop a pure flush draw? Jesus just get yourself out of this mess - you've got 8-high and it's 23 more bb. Let him have this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted, but no, I'd rather spank the flop or give him $160. Also, his range is nearly exactly what I described. I put him on AA, KK after the flop, p.e.r.i.o.d.

TY for the well thought out response, though. It is appreciated and folding is certainly not a bad play.

I guess I'll stop posting hands in the future. It seems people get very caught up with preflop and don't see how interesting post flop play can be. Also, not too many of you guys play live, and you don't realize how very different the game is (not you lapoker). Just my opinion.

Sorry, thought this hand was pretty interesting.

Peace...