View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Matusow on HSP, \"lost 1.7 mil straight\"

QFT

Here's the best-ever crazy compulsive gambling blog:

http://88percent.blogspot.com/

Incredible reading: he went from a £1k roll and playing £5/£10 to (very briefly) a £175k roll and playing $250/$500 in a few months. He couldn't move down once he'd moved to a bigger table - he had to be on the biggest table a site had.

The only difference between Bluescouse and a lot of these high stakes players is they have people who'll stake them, endorsement deals, or large tournament wins which keep them in the game while he's now gone.

[ QUOTE ]
In my view, mostly all these poker players besides a few (Jesus, Johny Chan, etc) are all COMPLETE SICKO gamibiling degen. If they only played poker they'd be rich but they have these addictions. Money isnt a big deal to them because they think so what, Ill make it back plus more.

What is very weary too me is all these players go broke playing these 300-600nl. For example I read about SBrugby making 200,000 in one day, then losing another 100,000 the next.

How much money do these guys actually make, I dont think 2 million dollars a year is [censored] for playing at these nosebleed stakes they play. If only they dropped down a few, and played I believe their profit would be double, triple what they make now. But the reason being is it isnt entertaining to them.

Realize it, their addicts, and to tell you the truth Id much rather be a drug addict then a gambiling addict. I think the head of a gambiling is alot more [censored] up then a druggie. At least with a druggie, if they are on drugs their normal. Where as a gambilin degen, if he wins a 1,000,000 in a sitting, hes likely to go gamble it away.

[/ QUOTE ]