View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Live 5/5 game, semi deep.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't like the guy's advice, so you decide that it's not worthy and then you give a ridiculous reason for having done so? This is silly, listen to what the man has to say, and discuss intelligently.

Folding preflop is a viable option, you're the first caller into a pot where a solid player has hammered it into several others. I'm not saying you can't call, but folding is a fine line.

On the flop, see another card. Your implied is pretty good here, if you destroy the turn it will be an innocuous card and thus not slow down your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll reply to this as per your paragraphs.

Paragraph 1. The man didn't give advice. He scolded me for playing an inferior hand but negated to A. Add the pot (call 115 with 310 in the pot) B. Note my position (The best there is in our lil game) and C. Note the stack sizes (sorta big). Not to mention the unlikeliness of me stacking off with 78s (mildly to somewhat unlikely)

Paragraph 2. Obviously, which is why I LOL'd at him. Folding is always an option, and not usually a bad one. To me though, I'm not ever, ever folding this under these conditions. But thanks to everyone for pointing out that it's an option. Noted.

Paragraph 3. Yes, I agree. In fact this is what I did, and the turn was....

4h

BB thinks, looks at chips, thinks, and bets 450. This bet size indicated very little to me, and I believe is a perfect bet for him to both trap and to leave enough to get away from.

Hero ?????