View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: LOL, Donkaments.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what the problem is with people busting out of a tournament and then taking over for someone else. It doesn't give you any unfair edge like the one you get from playing two accounts simultaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an unfair edge against the mid-level players who, say, satellite into an event like the Million when a higher level player who can afford two buy-ins gets to re-enter. Say Gank pays for my buy-in on the condition that I play really tight and let him take over when he busts out. Meanwhile he plays a super LAG game trying to accumulate chips, but ends up busting out. Would you rather play against me or Gank?

They don't let people take over for the people they stake live, there's no reason it should happen online.

Edit to add: In this time when we are trying to get Congress to make an exception for Poker or overturn UIGEA we should keep our online noses as clean as possible. Don't give Bill Frist any "examples" of how poker is corrupting young people in this country when another scandal of a 20-year-old breaking the online poker rules becomes public.