View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: LOL, Donkaments.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is probably unethical in most people's opinions, but at the same time its still sort of a gray area. It is very rare that I make a final table and don't have either people in the room helping, or people on AIM giving me advice. The same goes with friends of mine/people I stake. I will tend to give them advice at final tables, which is not far from actually playing for them.

It seems like a particularly gray area particularly for people in waterloo since most Sunday's we play at the same place, and anytime someone goes deep in something, they will have advice from several players, and likely all players would play the same regardless of who was holding the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all players would play the same regardless of who was holding the mouse, why is there any need for helping/coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

The helping/coaching is the reason that all players would play very similar

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - I thought you meant that everyone would play the same regardless of the helping/coaching. I'm anti-helping and coaching others in online poker, although I know it's common among posters on 2+2. Although it may help you in the short term, I think the acceptance of team playing is hurtful to the long term success of the game online. Even though there are obvious problems with enforcement, I think all of the sites should come out against it.