View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: PS $6.50 - Questionable play from BB

[ QUOTE ]
He actually had 56o, for a busted straight draw. I actually won the hand. That was the surprising part... at least to me. I was thinking at the end that he might be representing rivering an ace or missed his straight draw. That said, knowing how he played, it looks like almost any two cards are possible here.

Thanks for your input, I felt like I got a lucky break here, as opposed to playing it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I guess I just assumed you lost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Be sure not to be results oriented though, you go broke here way more than you catch villain on a stone cold bluff. That player must have been donktasic.

May I also add that this looks like a compulsive decision on your part. Meaning that you figured this when you called on the river, "oh well I'm most likely beat but I have wasted so many chips on this hand I might as well put in the rest." I know that I have been guilty of this kind of thinking from time to time. To be a good poker player you can't always make decsions on a whim. And if you make one bad decsion (i.e. the turn bet) don't make things worse by making another bad decsion (the all-in on the river.)Controlling you urges to make decsions you know are bad will make you a much better player in the long run.