View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Being there for the Birth.

I used to think being in the room wasn't such a hot idea either. I also remember phil mickleson after he won his first major or something like that saying that next to the birth of his kids, that was the greatest moment of his life. When I heard that, I thought it was probably total BS (that he got such a big kick out of his kids' birth).

Also, I've been to the amazon, climed volcanoes, taken really great drugs and on and on and nothing even comes close to the day my son was born.

[ QUOTE ]
A few have admitted to me that it has effected their sex life. They can't get the image out of their heads of a raw and bloody childbirth. They won't admit this to their significant others, and they will deny ever having said it, but it is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stood right next to my wife's head the whole time. I recommend it. You don't need to look down there. You're paying about a thousand bucks an hour not to.

[ QUOTE ]
And the primary reason is that the woman has natural ways to deal with it. She gets a huge natural endorphin or something or other release that gets her through the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know what it was, but I was completely overcome myself and wild horses couldn't keep me out of the room for the next one (Jul. 27).

One other thing. IMO, birthing class is completely useless if youre having your baby in a hospital.