View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: rethinking a standard bet spot

[ QUOTE ]
This thread was in the back of my mind when I played this hand. Villain is excessively aggro, and I knew he would bet anything when checked to. Did I [censored] up the idea?

$5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $1982
MP: $1128
BTN: $1000
Hero (SB): $2045.85
BB: $1147

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15, 5 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB calls $20

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($140, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $90</font>, Hero calls $90

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($320, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $230</font>, Hero calls $230

<font color="white">Results:
Hero had As 5s (a pair of Aces)
BB had 3h Qh (two pair, Queens and Threes) and won $777
Final Pot: $777.00 ($3.00 rake)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dislike this even more in the context of a blind battle. I am looking to b/3bet this flop for sure here.