View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: A hand where I bet a lot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not folding his two pair/flush/whatever hand he has,

[/ QUOTE ]

What flush do you put him on? He might have KhTh, but that makes a royal flush, and people NEVER make royal flushes! You make a royal flush once every 650,000 hands! I like my chances there!

What two pair hands (or set hands) can you put a miserable dude on here? He flat-called on a hyper-drawy flop. Miserable people LOVE to think in terms of pot odds and [censored], and they absolutely despise giving people proper odds to draw out on their strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree a flush is unlikely, see my other post in this thread.

Two pair is the most likely hand for him, and as to why he wouldn't raise w/ it on the flop? I don't know. I don't know why miserable players do a lot of the things they do, but if he does have two pair sometimes he will have turned it with AJ, and many players will not raise middle pair on the flop. Or maybe he didn't want to lose his 'customers' in the blinds by raising the flop with a strong hand like a set of 5's.

Nit Alert: 650,000:1 is the odds to get a royal in 5 cards. It's much easier w/ 7 cards like in Hold'em. Around 30,000:1 , I believe.