View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Hand exposed by accident. What\'s the correct ruling?

[ QUOTE ]
What if button saw both cards and they were AA. If he tells the table and SB has to expose his cards, SB is really getting screwed. Button can just keep it to himself and fold hoping SB can cash in on the other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because button folding because he saw the AA screws the other player who now gets lesser odds on his draw solely because the SB exposed his cards to the button.

[ QUOTE ]
I think in the end, I don't want SB to be punished by having his hand exposed to more players.

[/ QUOTE ]

well someone is going to get the raw end of this deal. It seems to me that it makes more sense for the player who screwed up by exposing his cards to be the guy who sufferes for the mistake, then the innocent player who had nothing to do with causing the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
If button wants to be honest, he can split the pot with SB if he has prior knowledge and beats him with a set or something. I don't think the play of SB versus the other player should be affected.

I think in the end, I don't want SB to be punished by having his hand exposed to more players. Yes, button has an advantage and if he is honest, I think he can compensate that advantage at the end of the hand if he wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm truly amazed that you see no problem with two playesr showing their cards to each other and splitting pots up betw een themselves. I don't think this is reallly good for the game.