View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: A tough one against Marcel

If this is like the 20-40 games over the weekend at the Borgata, 3-betting preflop is definitely the wrong play. The value in that game isn't from raising, reraising, and getting the pots heads up (good luck with that), but from seeing flops and outplaying the poor players (of which the table is mostly comprised). I'd reraise here with TT+ and AQ+, but otherwise just call. KJs out of positon against a raiser and what's almost assuredly going to be several other opponents isn't what I'm looking for; I have no interest in "taking control" of this hand. I'm looking to hit something on the flop and value bet it.

Another negative with 3-betting is it makes the fish play much more closely to properly post-flop if they catch ANY piece, even if they had no business calling pre.

Finally, I don't know if I played with "Marcel," but a raise in the sb usually indicates something real. What that actually is is debatable, but he's unlikely to have crap. Anyway, pre is fine as played.

Flop and turn are fine too. Good flop for your hand, and the turn only hurts you if you're against T9 (obviously, you fold if raised on the turn).

River, I'd bet again. I think you're far from likely to be best, but it's +ev to bet here if you can fold to a raise (nobody I saw in those games is capable of bluff raising the river with other active opponents; normally an awful move anyway). Definitely disagree that someone is "unlikely" to have a flush draw because nobody raised in a multi-way pot, though. Most of the players I was sitting with were just calling their draws a high % of the time.

nh. I'd wager money someone had JT...