View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $0.50/$1, three backdoor draws on the flop

PF: I think it is close between raising and folding, but I'd be inclined to raise. However, I think it depends a LOT on your read of the players who have already entered the pot, and the players to come. If the players who have entered are loose, and not as likely to be holding aces, and the players behind you are tight, likely to fold decent high prospects to a raise, then by all means raise. If the players in front are tight, and those behind loose, don't raise -- the aces are gone, and your raise won't fold out better prospects for high. And you don't want to raise out A3s in any case (and you stand almost no chance of raising out low hands that are equal to or better than yours). You could, however, consider raising for value, unless you strongly suspect that a player who has already entered the pot also holds A2.

Flop: I think the call here is marginal. I would either fold or raise. The raise would be mainly to fold out other A2 hands, but also to set up a possible win of high later, if the bettor and callers are betting and calling either draws or very weak made high hands.

Turn: Six players went to the turn. One of them already has a better high hand than yours, almost without question. Others are fishing in for a low. If the low comes, you might very well be getting quartered, and your chances at high now seem very slim indeed. I would fold.

River: FOLD FOLD FOLD! Yes, *maybe* the SB has a busted flush draw and is trying to represent the full house instead. Maybe. But with a bet and a call here, you have virtually no chance for high, unless these players are complete idiots. And there is another to act behind you. Somebody here (probably more than one) has you beat, and *they* aren't going to fold.