View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Birth Control besides condoms....

My ex used the patch and said she liked it more than the pill. However, as others have mentioned, it is also hormone based so it might have the same side effects as the pill. I do not really know that much about the current lawsuits against it, but from what I heard it is more dangerous than other forms of contraception in terms of serious risks (blood clots, etc).

There is a procedure to reverse a vasectomy, but it is not 100% successful (however it is significantly more successful than the procedure to reverse tubal ligation, or "tube tying"). It is also possible for the vas deferens to reconnect after having been severed, but it rarely happens. It is also possible that after surgery one end of the vas deferens may still be open, resulting in an open ended vas deferens, or OEVD (sorry, couldn't resist :P). If this happens, sperm may still mix with semen and the procedure may fail. However, this is also very rare.

You will need to use another form of birth control after a vasectomy until you have a medical expert verify and confirm that your sperm count is zero, as there will still be some little guys left for a while after the procedure.

At any rate, vasectomy is pretty much only encouraged for people who are 100% sure they never want any (more) kids.