View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

[ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with voicing that. Mason listens. Mason then comes up with conspiracy theories. Nothing we can do there. He seems to always think the worst in these type discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because the conspiracy theories are actually based on truth - he isn't pulling this out of thin air. The challenge becomes when Mason has to filter out those who are a part of the conspiracy, and those who are just chiming in or expressing their opinion.

For those who don't know I am a publisher as well, Mason and I have a lot in common and we discuss the business challenges of selling our printed products. I really get where he is coming from because if I were in his shoes I would often make the same decisions because although they may not be popular ones, they help sell books. If Mason only catered to the elite class of consumer who truly gets it, 2+2 would be a tiny company instead of the leader in the field - he needs to cater to a very wide audience.

Also if its not obvious I really respect that man's opinion, even if he is acting stubborn or pigheaded on a topic, he is generally correct if not at least partially correct - which is a rarity in life.