View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

2 Parter:

Part 1 to Mason.

Mason, please ignore these guys. The stiff bindings have made me a mint. I can only guess, maybe 100, at the times 2+2 books have been discussed at a poker table. The other person and I will have mentioned reading the book, then a big pot will occur which I win and they lose. After they have had a chance to mope, I will mention I'm surprised at their play after the explanation given in chapter 7 of (insert title). Invaribly I get the same response " I never studied that chapter because of those stiff bindings, damn!"

To posters:

These type of threads crack me up. We never got these
" back in the day". (pre-5,000 membership). I guess some people are micro instead of macro purchasers. Also, it is so pointless to argue over a preference. For example, I love the package of the 2+2 books. I like the worn look on my bindings , I really do.(but hey, I dress like David S. and prefer that too). I don't like the shiny-never -been-touched look on a book. But hey , I wouldn't make a post about it. Also, wait until about 100 hours of reading, bending, throwing in the car, steam from the shower, etc. They will stay open better than you think.