View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Being there for the Birth.

[ QUOTE ]
The subject is being present for the birth of your child. Now, quite frankly, nobody is ever going to get me in that room. That's been my position from day one and I'm sticking with it. I can't imagine anything worse than going through that. The friends I have that have done it always say that it was the best experience of their lives, but you can see the high levels of trauma behind their eyes.

A few have admitted to me that it has effected their sex life. They can't get the image out of their heads of a raw and bloody childbirth. They won't admit this to their significant others, and they will deny ever having said it, but it is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's sad and somewhat pathetic that people think this way, but to each their own. I can imagine a LOT worse scenarios to be in than a childbirth.

What is the root of your set-in-stone decision? Are you that uncomfortable around hospitals, or your wife in pain?

BTW, it is HUGELY -EV to hand your wife such a tool as "You wouldn't be in the delivery room to help me with our child".

Qualifications- three kids, there for all three, no problems of any kind afterwards for me. I didn't see it as "the most beautiful thing in the world" (newborn kids are just ugly, but you would be too) but it makes no sense to me NOT to be there.