Thread: Move to 6max?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Move to 6max?

I have been playing at 6 max for about 25k hands now in the last 3 months or so. My experience has been at low and very low stakes. So I can't speak to higher levels. Early results taught me I needed to learn to play better. Recent results are better but I am a long way from being any good. It really has been kind of free money at .10/.20 though and not real difficult at .25/.50 so far either. I expect the levels get tougher as you move up though just like FR or anything else.

Specifically: I usually play about 22% up to 28% or so of hands preflop. Raise about half of that in position. Value bet like mad. Rarely bluff. Forget isolation raises (at low stakes I mean) Play lots of SC because you will get lots of action usually. Play em tight after the flop. You still need pot odds to draw. I don't play missed overcards or small and medium pairs past the flop much either.

People do crazy things. I had a guy stay with me to the river the other day when I had a set of K's I had been playing very aggressively. He then bet and 3 bet his 5th pair(in the pocket) into 2 players on the river, into a 4 OC board with flush and straight possibilities. Suicide plays like that by my opponents help me win while still learning [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pot size in games like this will cover a lot of learning curve mistakes!!! Do it. 6 max is good. BTW I don't care for the multi-tabling approach. My thinking is better reads are worth an extra table or 2 any time.

Wookie had a great post about 6 max quite a while back. Terrific stuff. I don't know how to put in a link but look up:

Pooh-Bah Dissertation - 6 Max Stats FAQ