View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts on Poker (long but good)

K I'll bump this again because I just had an ah ha moment.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($86.50)
Hero ($636.50)
UTG ($433.90)
MP ($359.70)
CO ($696)
Button ($600)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $18.

Flop: ($51) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero This hand seems standardish and nothing really special but when playing it I thought about it in away I almost never do.

Now here's what do you do here. Your options are c/r c/c c/f bet/fold bet/call bet/shove.

Now first of all I'm like never folding this flop(I guess if he bets like 10x pot or something but that's unlikely so ignore it.)

I have 4 choices c/r c/c B/c B/R

Now when playing this hand I made my decision by examining which decisions I do not like.

I do not like c/r. If I c/r and he calls unless the turn is a club I will be lost on the turn in a huge pot.

I do not like c/c because my hand is strong and he will often cbet hands that are currently ahead of me but if I bet I can take the lead in the hand and get folds out of a lot of those hands. But if I c/c I let him keep the initative and might need to fold the turn or let him show down something like Ace high or kq.

So I bet and he called.

I've never really thought of hands like this but I think it could be very valuable. Just go through options in your head and if you don't like it eliminate it and keep going until you have one or two options left.

BTW I'm not sure how good an idea this is but it seems good so I will start using it more and advise others to also.