View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Workout---Thoughts

This split is very weird. Its like a full body and a split routine got together and had a bastard child. I also don't like the amount of volume.

Workouts should be ~10-12 sets IMO. Atleast for things you're doing. I give some leeway to more "modern" rep/set splits such as a 10x3 etc. Obviously I go way over my sets limit when I use those configurations, but that is neither here nor there.

I would not #1 make up your own splits. Copy someone else's. Not what someone on the board gives you, but a professional. I really doubt anyone who isn't an "advanced" level lifter is capable of designing a solid system or really has the need. (Advanced being used loosely. Lifting weights with moderate success for 4+ years will make you advanced even if you are relatively weak. Not everyone is gonna squat/pull 3x bodyweight.) #2 Some systems will allow you to choose your own exercises etc. You can do these. Maybe ask for advice on pairing/selection, but don't modify these. Someone put some thought into their program and probably did things for a reason. #3 Lists of three things sound cooler than lists of two.