View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: 1st round NCAA/NIT sides and totals

I feel enough has been made about the LBSU/Tennessee Over and the NMSU/Texas Over, so I will skip to my last game. If you would like me to go over them as well, please let me know.

Wright St./Pittsburgh Under 120.5 (1 unit)

Pittsburgh:
Pace: 296, 300
Offennsive Efficiency: 20, 11
Defensive Efficiency: 79, 26

Wright St.:
Pace: 308, 289
Offensive Efficiency: 155, 142
Defensive Efficiency: 77, 71

Each of these teams are among the 40 slowest-paced teams in the nation. Wright St., according to the numbers, is more effective defensively than offensively. I expect Pitt's length to be really trouble Wright St as Wood (19.8 ppg) is the team's only consistent scorer. The team's 2nd leading scorer, Duggins (8.9 ppg) is almost exclusively a three-point shooter. He shoots 35% from three, but only 37% overall. If Wood lacks scoring support in this game, Wright St. could struggle to get 50.

Wright St. only averages 64 per game, while Pitt averages 71 per game. Pitt's average is somewhat a product of the non-conference schedule, as Pitt was under 70 in 11 of their 19 conference games. Both teams are very solid defensively, as Wright St. gives up only 61.6 and Pitt gives up 62.4 with the majority of these games coming against Big East competition. Wright St, while talented, does not have the depth to put up a whole lot of points here.

I see this much like the S Ill/HC game, where the raw numbers may add up to an over, but the pace is what will force this game under. In fact, Wright St. may have to cut possessions even more if they hope to have a shot down the stretch. Wright St. has only given up 70 or more in eight of their 32 games this season. In fact they have held their opponents under 60 in over half of their games this season (17 of 32).

Pittsburgh 61
Wright St. 51

That's it for the write-ups. Hope they helped.

I may add a couple of games throughout the next couple of days depending on how things go.