View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Seattle: Your favorite things to do or places to go

[ QUOTE ]
I may not be the king of hotspots or nightlife, but I do know beer. Seattle has a whole host of great brewpubs. My personal favorite is the Elysian brewery on Pike in the Capitol Hill area. The pub atmosphere is nothing special, but their beer is absolutely amazing. Some of the best ESB and porter I've ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Others:

Maritime Pacific's Jolly Rodger Taproom has great beer and really yummy in a "I'm sure these are bad for me" way mini fried oyster sammies at happy hour. They make a good dish of steamed mussels too. Right near the N end of the Ballard Bridge.

Hale's Brewery has a big pub/restaurant on Leary Way in Fremont. I find the food there to be only OK. Pretty standard pub food but too much of it to specialize in anything and do it well. But their Cream Ale on Nitro is amazing, as are some of their other beers.

Pike Place Brewery in the Market makes good beer. I can't speak to the goodness of their food.

And FYI: The Elysian just opened a new place on 1st Ave just S of King St. Certainly to compete with the Pyramid joint that gets nearly all the pre-game business for Safeco field. Same yummy beer but better food than the Capitol Hill location. Went for some delicious crab cakes for lunch last week.

KJS