View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Public Health Care - Why not at state level first?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So big government zealots- where am I wrong? Why is a state-by-state basis for this a poor idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
State by state is fine. I support socializing health care at either the federal or state level, just so long as it gets done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The means aren't the issue. Just the ends. If the market could ensure everyone had healthcare, I'd support that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesssssss....the govt is so efficient in every other part of our lives....I can't wait til the run the health care system too.

People at Mcdonalds move faster than people at the DMV or the post office. Can't wait to hit the ER with an arterial bleed and wait in line behind someone with a hangnail (who is at the ER cause it's "free")

If you want a better way...offer younger healthier people a healthcare insurance option covering only severe injury and illness. They would pay out of pocket for anything else. When you hit a certain age....you may want to move into a more comprehensive plan.

By the way we do have universal healthcare already in emergency situations. People are not dying in ERs because they dont have a plastic card in thier purse or wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do not hijack this thread. This has nothing to do with the merits of Universal Health Care or Public Health Care. I am simply asking why those who favor it don't agree that its smartest and best implemented at a smaller scale first.