View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you first start playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a thing to do. A hobby instead of watching tv or playing video games.
[ QUOTE ]
How has that changed?

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot. I have met tons of people through poker and I can make good money playing it. So I need to play it more seriously. Also before if I went to a movie instead of playing a freeroll or a $2 SNG it wouldn't matter. Now that I can make $100/hr things have changed a lot because I often feel like I need to play.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, how many BI do you have in your BR?

[/ QUOTE ]
Right now 200. Realistically I feel you need 100 to play the $60s or $114s. You can have less, if you take controlled shots. Take like 20 BI move up if you win stay up if you lose move down.

[ QUOTE ]
Does your ego ego interfere with your development as a person? poker player? If so, how?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes as a person. Not really as a poker player. There is a really weird thing when you become good at something where you realize you still suck. I have a friend who I think is an awesome guitar player, but talking to him he thinks that he sucks because guys the world best guitar player are so much better than him. The same thing is true for poker it's kind of tough to have an ego about it when I know 15-20 people in real life who are unequivocally better than me. In real life, my ego affects me, but not that much. It's more that my ego is responsible for a handful of stupid actions, which have consequences.
Note: From reading this I sound like an egomanaicial sociopath. That isn't the case at all, I am a normal person, with a inflated selfworth.