View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Having the worst period since I started playing, some support plea

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play full ring or six max at Crypto?
So I have the same same problem but opposite. I played mainly on Crypto NL 100 and 200 full ring. I left at the begining of the month mainly because the 1/2 games rarely go. I have done very well at the riduculous tight games.
I moved over to IPN and the games are way looser and worse players. But after 8000 hands I am down 5 buy ins.
Variance sucks. At least I hope its variance.

[/ QUOTE ]
6max, mainly on the $100NL and £50NL tables. What's IPN? IPoker Network?

[ QUOTE ]
If you really hunt on the Cryptos and play at peak time there are still those 45/10/1 types that make it worthwhile as high as the 20/40 pound. (I play limit mostly). FWIW I am on a 50k breakeven and hating life in general. I am seriously beginning to doubt it's variance and that I just suck. Maybe I should get a coach??!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard that you can more easily have long break even stretches in fixed limit compared to no limit, but 50k still sounds really brutal. That's one of the reason I'm not playing fixed limit. Some of the NL games, especially the £ tables, have some really bad players sometimes, which makes me feel even worse when I'm not making money from them. I know I've had some tough luck, but I'm also starting to doubt my play.

[ QUOTE ]

Now after factoring all that in, what really gets me is the smaller hands.. rolled up hands getting busted by donkeys chasing inside straights to the river when they had no business in the pot in the first place. Having that happen all day to the same donk who has had your number all week, gets my blood going a little. I am still working on not going on tilt in that dept. Getting there, but not 100% tilt free yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
The same has been happening to me, if I have TPTK, the donk makes two pair, no doubt, and against my sets it's freakin faith that they'll make their straight or flush or why not a better set? The miracle cards will come. Every time it happens I think about the day when my bad luck will stop.

Sucks that you never got the BBJ. Isn't the rake higher on those tables? Is it worth playing there in the long run?