View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Daniel\'s book - Sold Out

I also believe Mason's statement about needing Negreanu to sell more books is foolish, and I've read this entire thread. Let's say 200,000 copies have been sold of HOH1 - if the book were only $15, should we expect that 400,000 copies have been sold? No, because the market has shown so far that only 200,000 purchasers have wanted a copy, despite it's price.

Ok, so let's take into account that it's "too expensive", thus limiting the sales on the books - does this mean that if HOH1 was suddenly $15 we should expect more copies sold simply because now there is a section of people who can afford it? Not realistically, because anybody who is genuinely interested in purchasing the book will find a way despite a $15 price difference.

True, Mason has a point in the fact that a cheaper book will have book stores buy more copies and in turn put more on the shelves, but this does *NOT* translate to a higher number of sales - how often do you have to go from bookstore to bookstore looking for a copy of Harrington on Hold' Em because it is sold out?

I rest my case; I can see why Mason would say something like that, but in the end it boils down to Mason trying to equate price with quality, and quality simply isn't something you can place a number value on, especially since what is quality to man A is incomprehensible to man B, and so forth.