View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: NL 1/2 Making a living?

This is a great post and I agree 100 percent. Many people know how to play very well, and many of these same people end up busted b/c they enjoy the status of playing the biggest game in the house and the floorman kissing their ass, the black card lounge, the paper, so much that they can't step back, open a PBR and look at things logically. The whole idea is finding the best spot where you can make the most money with a reasonable amount of risk.

If you need everyone in the room to know your name, don't expect to do well. If you need to experience life changing financial swings every time you visit a poker room, don't expect to do well. If you can't resist the pit or sports, don't expect to do well. Play poker to make money, treat it as a business not as permanent vacation. And know that if you go broke, no one will give a [censored]. No one will care that you used to be a big winner and pulled that sick checkraise bluff. I mean it, no one cares. GREAT post and I think every pro/semi pro or aspiring pro (esp. young) should read.

Jeff