View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Your Guide to Majoring in Business

[ QUOTE ]
First off, the difficulty of a business degree depends on what you're majoring in. I agree that marketing is a joke. From what I saw, it's basically filled up with hot girls who can't major in anything else and people who want to breeze through their classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a marketing major I must say something about marketing classes...

They are really has hard or as easy as you want them to be. For example in a Marketing Management class I am taking during my last semester of college I was given a Starbucks case where I need to read some BS and come up with IMC plan and some other stuff related to what we think Stabucks objectives should be. So basically you could easily breeze through it and come up with really basic ideas OR you could decide to actually get involved in your class and your projects and spin your wheels a bit.

And believe it or not there is a TON of analytical analysis involved in marketing...I mean A TON.

Hot chicks are marketing majors. Hot chicks are generally super retarded.

Marketing jobs right out of college are going to suck pretty bad though. I am very well experienced and I have essentially had a part time job throughout my senior at an online marketing agency and I would [censored] myself if I got 40K. I am probably looking at 32.5-37.5 or something around there. If you want to get in at a huge agency you are looking at 28K.

This is compared to some retarded people I know who just run off to EMC and make like 50K for no good reason. Oh well - those jobs are the definition of a 'boring desk job' in my opinion.