View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: kerpowski\'s minraise open

[ QUOTE ]
It just puts you in so many bad spots. I remember when I played you I would CC your minraises with a ver wide range, and then usually 1-3 more people came along. If you have aces in that spot, you have essentially ruined the value of your hand since you can't do much but fold if you get alot of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically all he has to do is mix up his minraising range with a 4xBB raising range and he's much harder to play against?

I don't like specifically outing player's strategies, but it's valid to the discussion, so whatever. Player Kelisitaan on Stars has a VERY effective strategy which involves playing many pots for small amounts preflop. He'll minraise and limp tons of hands (I think he's like 32/20 at full ring) and play postflop very well. It's been very succesful for him because so many people either overadjust or don't adjust at all. He's capable of minraising and limping AA/KK preflop (I think that's just too tricky as he has a LAG image, so why not pump up the big hands like you do the crappy ones?) and he's very annoying to play against.