View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 75/150 Taking A Shot Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
so you were not worried about being +E over the players? Or in other words, how good are the sharks and how weak are the donators?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my first session I was focused on paying attention, picking out the weak players (or noticing who was trying to take advantage of position and be aggressive with steals). I didn't think about the money I put into the pots, I just played as effectively as possible.

But near the end of my 2nd session I began letting the numbers sink into my head. While I felt I still had an advantage over most of the players and it was a positive equity game to be in, I didn't feel my mindset was correct at that point and got out of the game.

By thinking too much about the money I would risk either missing value bets or failing to isolate weak players because I was worried about putting in 450 bucks on the turn and just on one card or whatever.

There were certainly enough weak links to make the game profitable. But my sample size is extremely small and I would think you'd want to have 25-40 grand just for your poker bankroll in order to play that game regularly.

There were some pots that got ram n' jammed quite heavily four-ways in stud hi/lo on 3rd and 4th streets. That game could get expensive if you start with a quality low and flush draw and then brick brick and wind up 2nd best both ways.