View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Are you more lucky or more good?

This is really vague. Lucky at what? If it is lucky in the overall scheme of life then NT put it pretty well, I wasn't born into money, both my parents didn't have any but they worked their ass off and now they have money so I grew up provided for which is what I consider very lucky. Being able to have access to tools that aid in your success b/c of your situation in life is very lucky.

When broken down into more narrow aspects of my life I have actually been extremely unlucky but have a very strong mind that has kept me afloat so to speak. I think this would be true to anyone though and is a part of life so I don't think of it as, "poor me." In my professional life each time I was reaching a pinnacle something out of my control happened to knock me down several notches, I would get up knock the dust off and start climbing again to get knocked down but in my eyes this happens to everyone.

I am lucky in that my parents are normal and thus raised a fairly grounded person. I am also lucky in that I have a ton of people that love me.

I believe that we are all lucky in some way and that those who feel they are the unluckiest people on earth aren't evaluating themselves correctly.