View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: kerpowski\'s minraise open

I have played you a decent amount and I think the minraise is very bad. IMO it's a gametechical error and a play that should only be used in very specific spots. Those could be stealraising in a tournament where everyone is playing supertight, or if you have AA/KK and want action on your hand (assume you are not too deep).

In a 100BBs cashgame the raise just has no purpose. You are not trying to see a cheap flop (limping leaves twice the amount of money behind for implied odds) and you are not trying to steal the blinds (of course you will sometimes, but when you are offereing 3,5-1 to the BB, he will tag along very often). In addition to this you leave yourself wide open to get attacked in all sorts of ways, esp when you raise UTG. It just puts you in so many bad spots. I remember when I played you I would CC your minraises with a ver wide range, and then usually 1-3 more people came along. If you have aces in that spot, you have essentially ruined the value of your hand since you can't do much but fold if you get alot of action.

You can say you make up for it the times you are reraised and can put in a 4bet, but I think that's bad too. It's basically the same as a limp-Reraise and that has been discussed alot and most agree that it's not a good strategy for 6max.