View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

[ QUOTE ]
I know it's opponent dependent but I gave all the info I know about villain in the OP. If I knew who he was and played with him every day I wouldn't ask the forum how to play the hand, because no one would be able to answer the question better than I could. This is the main reason I don't post many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is different from other "it depends" hands. Usually those occur when the decision is so close that it must depend on more factors like "reads." This spot, on the other hand, is very important, since it is almost never close in practice. Most opponents play this situation so predictably that if you can accurately spot their tendency, you can exploit it for a lot of profit by bet/calling your marginal hands or bet/folding your stronger hands with impunity.

As for your specific situation, I guess I call against a lot of players at the 2-4 level that sound kind of like what you described, because they typically want to bluff any time you show weakness, but they're also very cautious about "overplaying" their vulnerable made hands.