View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Default 2 more hands from the Wynn

I was debating between whether or not I should post these last hands on 2+2 or on my blog, so I decided to just tack them in to this thread. They are fairly low content, although I guess hand 3 could be debated a bit.

Shortly after that hand, I got moved to a new table with Gigabet to my right. I don’t know anyone else at the table, but it looks like a really weak table. I had only been there a short time, but I had been fairly active, and took down a few small pots without any showdowns.

50/100 blinds, I have 6k to start the hand

MP2 Opens for 425. He is a somewhat older guy, most likely a non-pro live player that plays like most live players. Gigabet makes it 1400 in the CO. I look down at red queens and I think my equity is much higher seeing a flop, so I call.

BB thinks for 30 seconds, and decides to just call. MP2 thinks for about 10 seconds and throws in 9 more 1,000 chips. He has roughly 4,000 chips behind after that, so he is obviously committed.

Gigabet has a huge stack (35kish) and throws in a stack of 20 1,000 chips.

I decide it’s fairly unlikely that neither of them has AA or KK, and even if they don’t I’m definitely up against AK, so I fold.

Edit: Turns out MP2 has JJ and Gigabet has AK. Gigabet wins.

Hand 3:

This is an orbit after the QQ hand.

50/100

EP limps. Gigabet raises to 400. I reraise red queens on the button to 1200. It folds to Gigabet who says, “all right, I’ll double you up” as he throws in a stack of yellow (1,000) chips. We are friends, and I don’t think he would ever say that with AA or KK, so I have an easy call. He has AK again and he wins the flip.