View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $0.50/$1, three backdoor draws on the flop

Pre-flop:Most posters are going to tell you to raise with this hand.Its not as clearly correct to me as it is to most,but I do think that the raise is right.After 2 up front callers,it's very likely that one or both of them has an A in his hand,making the chance of flopping a set a distant possibility.If a raise narrows the field enough,it could cause you to win the high end with A's up when a pair hits the board & doesn't make trips for anybody.

Flop:There are 25 cards out of the remaining 45 that will cause you to pick up a nut draw.The pot is laying you 4 to 1 for 1/2 of it.So,1/2 of the time,you will be throwing away a bet,& the other 1/2 of the time,you will be drawing to a low with the odds 2 to 1 against completing or drawing to a flush with the odds of 4 to 1 against completing.All in all,it looks like the call is correct.(This is not the classical way of figuring the odds for back-door draws,but I firmly believe that it is the correct one.)

River:After the turn action,there are 12 BB's in the pot,meaning that if you are heads up on the river,your high end will win 6 BB's.If more players call the river,your high end will be a little more,but your chance of winning it will be a lot less.It's a judgement call as to whether one of the other players has a 9 in his hand more or less than 1 time out of 7.Howover,this does show the value of raising on the flop to increase your winning chances by narrowing the field.

Good luck to you,Matts. Ben.