View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: I think I just foiled a burglary attempt...

[ QUOTE ]
The Setup: My college just got off for Spring Break today, and my housemates all skipped town this morning/afternoon. I don't leave until tomorrow morning. Our house is 3 blocks South from campus, on a fairly major street, and 2-3 blocks North of a poorer, high crime, high meth-house density area. We also have a large window in our living room from which a big screen tv is visible from this street and have lots of bbq stuff/chairs on our porch that would indicate college kids live there.

The Act: So there I am pulling my Safeway Select self-rising dough pizza from the oven, when I hear the front door slowly open. All my friends and housemates are out of town, so I immediately think oh [censored], I'm being robbed. I sprint to the living room(next room over) hoping and praying that he doesn't have a gun. There I find a large black man halfway thru the door. I can't see his face because the lights in the living room are off, but he halts suddenly like he is surprised to see me. He then asks for "Richard", I don't know any Richards so I tell him rather forcefully that there is no Richard here. Now the problem is that I am a scrawny 5'10" 150 pound little white boy and this large man can clearly see I'm alone. Apparently he was surprised to encounter any resistance at all though, because after I told him there was no "Richard" he stammered a little bit and asked me repeatedly if this was 3____ N __ Street(my address), finally he muttered something about a party(lol its 6 o clock) and hurried away.

I lock the door and sag to the floor thanking God, Buddha, Allah, JC and voodoo dolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the unarmed life.

Enjoy!