View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: What I Would Like to See From the PPA (and 2+2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will say that at least a couple of these ideas/concepts are already in play in one form or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Les,

Can you comment further on the above remark?

[/ QUOTE ]

Les,

You still around? I would still be interested in your answering the above question.

Note to other posters: this thread got sidetracked a little with discussions of whom should be on the PPA board. Please make comments on that in the other thread: How the PPA's board should be composed

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff,

I guess I missed that post a few days ago. I apologize. I will post in this thread as well as your "Board of Directors" thread before I head off to bed tonight.

I guess the biggest area I am knowledgable about at this point that I know is being worked on is Point #5 "5) Reorganize/expand the PPA's website."

In 5-A, you suggest that the PPA take their forums private so that the "board and the members of the advisory panels to discuss issues and strategy privately." When the State Directors were put in place, we began testing a forum thru "People Aggregator." There is a forum dedicated to just the State Directors and PPA leadership which will hopefully be used for just the type of thing you suggested.

There is also a forum and blog for each State Director to run. It is our duty as State Directors to keep our blogs and forums updated. It is planned to incorporate this network into the main PPA site in the coming months, but there seem to be some issues with the functionality of the site to work out, imho. As soon as I finish these posts, I am going to fire off an email to Randy Lau, who seems to be my main point of contact with the PPA, to share some of my concerns with this network as it exists right now.

You also state that the current PPA forum is a "wasteland" and should be eliminated. It is lightly used right now, but is also difficult to even find. I will suggest that when links to these "state specific" forums go up, that they are much more prominent on the site, to increase traffic, input, and potential volunteerism.

"5-b) Provide a comprehensive information resource for state organizations, friendly legislators and the media"

I know that a State Director "Starter Kit" is in the works right now to provide us with standardized material and talking points to share with other poker players, legistlators and the media.

Thanks for your input, Bluff. You have several good ideas that will definetly be passed on.

Les