View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Nevada Democrats pull out of Foxnews Sponsored Debate

[ QUOTE ]
LINK

Cliffs Notes: Foxnews was set to sponsor a presidential debate amongst the democratic candidates in Nevada. Candidates pulled out of debate to boycott foxnews in response to derogatory comments by the CEO of Foxnews about Barack Obama.

I think most people on this board, even the conservative ones, generally agree that Foxnews is biased in favor of conservatives. But, as a democrat, I don't like this decision to boycott a news organization by political leaders because they don't agree with its viewpoint. I think this sets a bad precedent, and hurts the independence of the Press (a news show might think twice about disparaging a political party now for fear of losing ratings and business along with the ability to host a debate such as this).

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I am easily persuaded, but I essentially agree with everything that kos has posted on the subject. Fox News is a de facto propaganda machine for the Republican party, and as such, should not be treated as a news outlet by the Democratic party.

By the way, I don't begrudge Fox News for what they do, I just think people genuinely believe that they are "fair and balanced" are ignorant.