View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Building a bankroll (for newbies) revisited.

I don't recommend GamesGrid for those who are relatively new to poker. 1000% sounds great, except that the bonus clears so slowly that you could clear much more at other sites, and the games are tougher than on many other sites. I think I cleared about $20 of the $5000, so I would have gotten the same out of a 5% bonus.

InterPoker's bonus is actually fine for new players. Each pot reaching $5 clears $0.05, and you can clear this bonus at the soft $0.25-$0.50 and NL $25 tables, albeit slowly. Every pot reaching $20 clears $0.20. Several other Cryptologic bonuses are scaled versions of InterPoker's, except that you have to clear the entire bonus within the month. On InterPoker, you can wait for one of the promotions that pays $10 for KK (or AA today), worth another 4.5 cents per hand. You have to play at least $0.50-$1 or NL $50 today.

There are three Cyptologic sites with much easier bonuses to clear than InterPoker's. William Hill, UK Betting, and TotalBet pay GBP 5 for each of the first 5 table-hours each month. That's a great deal! You have to play at least 1-2 limit or NL 100.

Bet365 (Prima network) has a nice initial deposit bonus, and they have been running a 5x bonus up to $100 in the past few months. The initial deposit bonus can be cleared at lower limits, but the monthly bonuses have to be at $1-$2 or NL $100 or higher.

Several Boss Media network skins have easy initial bonuses to clear and very soft games.

Bodog can be a good place to clear bonuses for beginners. They have an unlimited 10% deposit bonus, soft low stakes games, and you can clear the bonus by playing tournaments, getting a 100% rebate on tournament entry fees.

I recommend avoiding Full Tilt (bonus sounds great, but is slow to clear) and PokerRoom skins (high rake, slow clearance).

For more information, see the Internet Bonuses forum, www.bonuswhores.com , or the forums of www.onlineblackjackguide.com .